The Lekki Concession Company on Friday night announced the postponement of toll collection at the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge, which was earlier scheduled to resume on April 17.
The LCC in a statement by the Managing Director of LCC, Yomi Omomuwasan, said it would announce a new date soon.
Following the protests and vandalisation of its property during the #EndSARS protest in October 2020, the company suspended operations at the tollgate.
Despite the stiff opposition by the residents around the area, the company had said toll collection would resume on Sunday.
The statement however added, “As a responsible organisation, we must take full cognisance of everyone within the axis. Therefore, we want to continue with the ongoing engagements with our stakeholders.
“The preparatory operations to resume tolling on the Bridge have been smooth so far, and we are grateful to all the key stakeholders for their cooperation.
“The planned commencement of toll collection has now been postponed, allowing more of our customers to register for the electronic toll devices to enable seamless passages at the toll plaza.”