JAMB lifts suspension on printing of admission letters, varsity transfers

Thus, the board has decided to open up its platforms to accommodate more requests especially from previous years.”

0
191

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board says it will from Monday be lifting of suspension it earlier placed on printing of admission letters and inter-university transfers among others.

The board broke the news in a statement by Fabian Benjamin, its public relations officer (PRO), on Sunday.

According to him, all requests for printing of admission letters, inter-university transfers, condoning of illegitimate admissions and other processes for previous years which had been hitherto suspended will now be restored from August 31.

“To ensure that candidates who took the UTME prior to 2020, and who require certain corrections of their processes are accommodated, JAMB has lifted the suspension earlier placed on processes covering those years,” he said.

“However, it is to be noted that most of these operations are only available at JAMB offices nationwide.

“Furthermore, as the board is desirous of sustaining compliance with COVID-19 protocols, it maintains that 2020 UTME candidates desirous of these services will only be attended to through the Appointment Booking Platform.

“They could access it online through their phones to secure a definite date and time for an appointment. The Board urged all State offices to ensure that all clients comply with all existing COVID -19 protocols.”

The statement also said that “the need to prevent overcrowding at its Computer-Based Test Centres and other partner facilities, in line with extant COVID -19 protocols issued by relevant agencies, led it to allow candidates to seek corrections and other processes only through  the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or Direct Entry(DE) platforms.”

“This measure had the intended effect of limiting the number of persons visiting the centres,” it added.

“As government continues to ease the lockdown leading to the resumption of students in exit classes, the number of 2020 UTME candidates needing one service or another at the various centres has drastically gone down.

“Thus, the board has decided to open up its platforms to accommodate more requests especially from previous years.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here