Borno Massacre: 110 civilians were ruthlessly killed by Boko Haram— United Nations

In a statement released by Edward Kallon, United Nation's Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria, on Sunday disclosed the figure.

0
169

The United Nations has countered the figure released earlier that about 40 farmers killed by Boko Haram Terrorists in Koshobe and other rural communities in Jere Local Government Area of Borno State on Saturday, it stated that over 110 civilians murdered.

In a statement released by Edward Kallon, United Nation’s Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria, on Sunday disclosed the figure.

Kallon, said: “Armed men on motorcycles led a brutal attack on civilian men and women who were harvesting their fields. At least 110 civilians were ruthlessly killed and many others were wounded in this attack.”
“The incident is the most violent direct attack against innocent civilians this year.


“I call for the perpetrators of this heinous and senseless act to be brought to justice.”


He said “According to available information, the attackers first took the farmers hostage, tied them up, then slit their throats.”
The initial death toll was put at 43, with some of the farmers sustaining gunshot wounds and others kidnapped.


UN also discussed that the terrorists went into adjoining villages, where they also slaughtered over 70 others.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here